[Exclusive] Chief correspondent from Rome Pierardo Davini has asked the economist Carlo Cottarelli to shed light on the connections in COVID-19 emergency in terms of the economy and community relations between Italy and other EU members. WATCH THE VIDEO
Carlo Cottarelli, a citizen of Italy, is currently Director of the Italian Public Finance Monitor of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Milan.
● 2018: Visiting professor, Bocconi University
● 2014-17: Executive director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Board representing Italy, Albania, Greece, Malta, Portugal and San Marino
● 2013-14: Commissioner for Italy’s Public Spending Reform
● 2008-13: Director of the IMF fiscal affairs department
● 1998-2008: Various roles at the IMF
● 1987-88: Head of the economic research department, ENI
● 1979-87: Economist, Bank of Italy
● BSc in economics and banking from the University of Siena and MSc in economics from the London School of Economics
He has been panelist of Us-Italy Global affairs Forum in several events in Washington DC. During two of them he presented the books: ‘Il macigno’ (Johns Hopkins University, 2016) and ‘La Lista della Spesa’ (The National Italian American Foundation, 2015)
Read below the post about the past Forum’s EVENTS and watch the VIDEO
- EVENT_EUROPE: WHAT HAPPENS NOW?_A Conversation with Enrico Letta_ June 14 th, 2017_Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington, DC READ MORE...
- EVENT_IL MACIGNO: PERCHÉ IL DEBITO PUBBLICO CI SCHIACCIA E COME SI FA A LIBERARSENE_ Event with Carlo Cottarelli – Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF)_ June 7 th, 2016, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington DC READ MORE… WATCH VIDEO EVENT
- EVENT_LISTA DELLA SPESA La verità sulla spesa pubblica italiana e come si può tagliare_ June 9 th, 2015, The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF), Washington DC READ MORE WATCH VIDEO EVENT (1) VIDEO EVENT (2)
- INTERVIEW_IL DEBITO PUBBLICO ITALIANO_A Conversation about Italian Public Debt. Carlo Cottarelli_IMF Executive Director Interview by Antonella Ciancio October 26 th, 2016, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington DC WATCH THE INTERVIEW
2 thoughts on “Exclusive-Interview with Carlo Cottarelli about Covid-19”
After his brief stint as prime minister, Cottarelli spent a fortnight attending nearly every political talk show in the country. He told his story and warned audiences about the dangers of growing Italy’s deficit with the aim of raising public expenditure on pensions and cutting taxes.