[Exclusive] Chief correspondent from Rome Pierardo Davini has asked the economist Carlo Cottarelli to shed light on the connections in COVID-19 emergency in terms of the economy and community relations between Italy and other EU members. WATCH THE VIDEO
Carlo Cottarelli, a citizen of Italy, is currently Director of the Italian Public Finance Monitor of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Milan.
● 2018: Visiting professor, Bocconi University
● 2014-17: Executive director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Board representing Italy, Albania, Greece, Malta, Portugal and San Marino
● 2013-14: Commissioner for Italy’s Public Spending Reform
● 2008-13: Director of the IMF fiscal affairs department
● 1998-2008: Various roles at the IMF
● 1987-88: Head of the economic research department, ENI
● 1979-87: Economist, Bank of Italy
● BSc in economics and banking from the University of Siena and MSc in economics from the London School of Economics
He has been panelist of Us-Italy Global affairs Forum in several events in Washington DC. During two of them he presented the books: ‘Il macigno’ (Johns Hopkins University, 2016) and ‘La Lista della Spesa’ (The National Italian American Foundation, 2015)
Read below the post about the past Forum’s EVENTS and watch the VIDEO
- EVENT_EUROPE: WHAT HAPPENS NOW?_A Conversation with Enrico Letta_ June 14 th, 2017_Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington, DC READ MORE...
- EVENT_IL MACIGNO: PERCHÉ IL DEBITO PUBBLICO CI SCHIACCIA E COME SI FA A LIBERARSENE_ Event with Carlo Cottarelli – Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF)_ June 7 th, 2016, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington DC READ MORE… WATCH VIDEO EVENT
- EVENT_LISTA DELLA SPESA La verità sulla spesa pubblica italiana e come si può tagliare_ June 9 th, 2015, The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF), Washington DC READ MORE WATCH VIDEO EVENT (1) VIDEO EVENT (2)
- INTERVIEW_IL DEBITO PUBBLICO ITALIANO_A Conversation about Italian Public Debt. Carlo Cottarelli_IMF Executive Director Interview by Antonella Ciancio October 26 th, 2016, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington DC WATCH THE INTERVIEW