By Claudia Flisi, Journalist Us-Italy Global Affairs Forum,
about the new book ‘CARLO COTTARELLI. ALL’INFERNO E RITORNO. Per la nostra rinascita sociale ed economica‘, Feltrinelli publisher.
Carlo Cottarelli is a Director of the Observatory on the Italian Public Accouts at the ‘Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore’
● 2018: Visiting professor, Bocconi University
● 2014-17: Executive director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Board representing Italy, Albania, Greece, Malta, Portugal and San Marino
● 2013-14: Commissioner for Italy’s Public Spending Reform
● 2008-13: Director of the IMF fiscal affairs department
● 1998-2008: Various roles at the IMF
● 1987-88: Head of the economic research department, ENI
● 1979-87: Economist, Bank of Italy
● BSc in economics and banking from the University of Siena and MSc in economics from the London School of Economics
He has been panelist of Us-Italy Global affairs Forum in several events in Washington DC.
During two of them he presented the books: ‘Il macigno’ (Johns Hopkins University, 2016) and ‘La Lista della Spesa’ (The National Italian American Foundation, 2015)
Read below the post about the past Forum’s EVENTS and watch the VIDEO
INTERVIEW_Exclusive-Interview with Carlo Cottarelli about Covid-19_By Pierardo Davini WATCH THE VIDEO INTERVIEW
EVENT_EUROPE: WHAT HAPPENS NOW?_A Conversation with Enrico Letta _ 2017_Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington, DC READ MORE...
EVENT_IL MACIGNO: PERCHÉ IL DEBITO PUBBLICO CI SCHIACCIA E COME SI FA A LIBERARSENE_ Event with Carlo Cottarelli – Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF) _ 2016, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington DC READ MORE… WATCH VIDEO EVENT
EVENT_ LISTA DELLA SPESA La verità sulla spesa pubblica italiana e come si può tagliare _ 2015, The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF), Washington DC READ MORE and WATCH VIDEO EVENT (1) VIDEO EVENT (2)
INTERVIEW _ IL DEBITO PUBBLICO ITALIANO _ A Conversation about Italian Public Debt. Carlo Cottarelli_IMF Executive Director Interview by Antonella Ciancio October 26 th, 2016, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS, Washington DC WATCH THE INTERVIEW